I made this with my Asian-Inspired Tilapia. A great pair! Super quick and easy to make!
Sautéed Garlic Broccoli
- Measuring spoons
- Heavy pot or dutch oven
- Cutting board and knife
- 1-2 T sesame oil
- 1 large head of broccoli
- dash of black pepper
- 3/4 c chicken stock (or 1 cube chicken bullion with 3/4 c water)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp grated (or powdered) ginger
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a heavy pot or dutch oven, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat (if you don’t have sesame oil, peanut oil or canola will work here).
- Roughly chop broccoli into 1- to 2-inch pieces.
- When oil is shimmering (before it is smoking!), add broccoli and black pepper. Sauté for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock and garlic and simmer, uncovered, for about 6 more minutes, until broccoli is cooked to desired tenderness.
- Sprinkle with ginger and red pepper flakes.