So I know it’s been a while since I’ve written any updates on my Invisa-lame experience, but that’s pretty much because I haven’t experienced anything noteworthy. Also, I’m not supposed to be complaining this month, so it’s easier to stay away fro this subject. But, tomorrow is supposed to be Day 1 of my Refinement Aligners, so I thought it was high time I bring folks up to speed. Here’s the Cliff’s Notes version:
- We last left off in Week 22, which ended September 4th. SO excited I was getting my attachments off! Nope. After waiting for 40 minutes to see the doc, I sat in the chair for under 60 seconds. “Looks good, let’s take your buttons off next week. Bye!” WTF.
- September 9th: waiting another 25 minutes in reception isn’t so bad, bc today was my day. I was getting attachments off, getting molds taken for refinement aligners (which I was told through a phone call I would need). After the doc pinched off the attachments (NOT a pleasant experience, btw), he told me to come back in a couple of days to get molds taken. He had a flight to catch.
- September 11th: super long story, but the molds were eventually taken that day. And I was told that since I was in the office 3 times in a week, I would not need to come back to approve the Clin-Check. The doctor would approve the plans, and we would move as quickly as possible. It would take a few weeks.
- October 8th, 9th, and 13th: I call to check on what on Earth is going on because I haven’t heard squat. I leave messages with reception, on the answering machine, with an assistant. No calls back.
- October 14th: Finally I get through! A nurse tells me that they have been waiting for me to….ready for it?…come in and approve the Clin Check. Of course. Because that’s exactly what we agreed on, you know, to speed up the process. Once I filled her in on this ridiculous situation, she said it will be another two weeks to get them ordered.
So, my appointment is tomorrow. I have no idea how many weeks this round will be for. I have no idea of what my attachment situation is going to be. I do know that my expectations for this place are about the same as my expectations to lose weight on a pizza-and-beer-only diet: wishful but very low. If they didn’t have all of my dough (see what I did there?), or if my teeth met when I bite down, I would not be going back. But, on to the next chapter! Fingers crossed that this goes smoothly. And that I don’t have attachments on my front teeth 🙂